Friday, February 26, 2010

Structuralism Presentation

In the process of formulating the content of our presentation, I came up with some ideas regarding relating structuralism to the use of homonyms and homophones, and jumbled word theory which I emailed to our group. We had an effective communication via email, and we also had an efficient and creative group meeting to define and divide up our duties. I contributed six images (or signifieds) and six words (signifiers) to our "What's Your Sign?" game, and I also researched the historical role and importance of structuralism in the development of psychology as a science.

We each had a slide of the power point to explain, and my slide contained the terms "langue" "diachronically" and "synchronically" and I attempted to convey these concepts in laymen's terms. I also discussed the importance of structuralism in the development of the first school of psychology.

I emailed this sample of jumbled letters to my group, and although the sample did not make it into the presentation, I found it fascinating so I will include it here.

Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

No comments:

Post a Comment